The Corona Cork Film Festival has quickly become one of Ireland’s largest and most loved cultural events. This year will mark the 57th anniversary of the festival which takes place from the 11th to the 18th November 2012. The first ever festival took place in 1956 with interest rising rapidly ever since.
Why not head to Cork in Southern Ireland this November for your Ireland vacation and join in on the fun and festivities. This years programme promises to be jam packed yet again this year with every film genre, taste and entertainment need catered for!
On a slightly different note, just recently the top 10 films as voted for by well-known and respected critics have been released:
1. Vertigo (Hitchcock, 1958)
2. Citizen Kane (Welles, 1941)
3. Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953)
4. La Regle du jeu (Renoir, 1939)
5. Sunrise: a Song for Two Humans (Murnau, 1927)
6. 2001: A Space Odyssey (Kubrick, 1968)
7. The Searchers (Ford, 1956)
8. Man with a Movie Camera (Dziga Vertov, 1929)
9. The Passion of Joan of Arc (Dreyer, 1927)
10. 8 ½ (Fellini, 1963)
How many of the above have you seen? Do you agree with the critics?