In a recent readers survey carried out by the prestigious travel magazine Condé Nast Traveler, four Irish hotels were recognised among the Top 10 Resorts in Europe.
The Condé Nast’s Readers’ Choice Awards are published annually each October, with this year’s results calculated based on the combined votes of more than 128,000 surveyed readers.
The results of the Condé Nast’s Readers’ Choice Awards made some positive reading for those planning a vacation in Ireland with the Emerald Isle being the most featured country in the Top 10. Other countries represented in the Top 10 included two resorts from Greece, Switzerland and the UK, respectively.
The Irish resorts featured include Trump International Gold Links & Hotel (No.2) in Co. Clare, Mayo’s Ashford Castle (No.4), Wicklow’s Powerscourt Hotel (No.8) and Sheen Falls Lodge in Co. Kerry (No.10) have all made the prestigious list.
The Top 10 in full is as follows:
- Canaves Oia Santorini, Thera (Santorini, Greece)
- Trump International Golf Links & Hotel (County Clare)
- Perivolas, Oia (Santorini, Greece)
- Ashford Castle (County Mayo)
- The Gleneagles Hotel (Perthshire, UK)
- Badrutt’s Palace (St. Moritz, Switzerland)
- Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa (Hampshire, UK)
- Powerscourt Hotel (County Wicklow)
- Sheen Falls Lodge (County Kerry)
- The Dolder Grand (Zurich, Switzerland)
In total, the Top 30 features nine Irish resorts with the other resorts featured including:
- The K Club (No.11)
- Dromoland Castle (No.12)
- Adare Manor (No.16)
- Mount Juliet (No.18)
- Aghadoe Heights (No.25)
The full list of Top 30 Resorts can be viewed by clicking here.