Venues in the north and west of the Ireland were found to be big winners in a long list of food, pub, restaurant and hotel facilities at the Georgina Campbell Awards 2015.
Scooping the top prize in the country’s longest-running hospitality awards was Beach Hill House Hotel just outside of Derry who won the “Hotel of the Year” award who won praise for its dog-friendly approach combined with quality of food supplied by an historic walled garden as well as its 6km walking trails set in 42 acres of woodland.
The highly claimed awards acts as a reliable guide for those planning a vacation in Ireland featuring the best places to eat, drink and stay in Ireland.
“Restaurant of the Year” award went to Kai Restaurant in Galway where the restaurant has been converted from a former tearoom to a rustic restaurant. Hotels in West Cork including in the scenic town of Kinsale and village of Durrus also picked up top positions in the list of winners.
The full list of winners are as follows;
- Hotel of the Year: Beach Hill House Hotel, Derry
- Restaurant of the Year: Kai, Galway
- Special GC Award: Bill & Isabelle Kelly, Kelly’s Hotel, County Wexford
- Chef of the Year: Derek Creagh, Harry’s, County Donegal
- Bord Bia “Just Ask” Cork Restaurant of the Year: No. 5 Fenn’s Quay, Cork
- Seafood Restaurant of the Year: Mitchell’s, Clifden, County Galway
- Seafood Chef of the Year: Frankie Mallon, An Port Mór, Westport, County Mayo
- Outstanding Guest Experience of the Year: Blairscove, Durrus, West Cork
- Host of the Year: Síle Gorman, Gorman’s Clifftop House, Dingle
- Business Hotel of the Year: Herbert Park, Dublin
- Wine Award of the Year: L’Atitude 51, Cork
- Pub of the Year: The Long Dock, Carrigaholt, County Clare
- Newcomer of the Year: Harry’s Shack, Portsteward, County Derry
- Family Friendly Restaurant of the Year: L’Officina, Kildare Village
- Pet-friendly Hotel of the Year: Gregan’s Castle, County Clare
- Hideaway of the Year: Red Cliff Lodge, Spanish Point, County Clare
- Casual Dining Restaurant of the Year: Allo’s Listowel, County Kerry
- Asian Restaurant of the Year: Asian Tea House, Galway
- Cafe of the Year: Garden Tea House, Kinsale, County Cork
- Natural Food Award: Firehouse Bakery, Cork and Wicklow
- Country House of the Year: Tankardstown, Slane
- B&B of the Year: St. John’s House, Lecarrow, County Roscommon
- Farmhouse of the Year: Lough Owel Lodge, Mullingar, County Westmeath
- Guesthouse of the Year: Blindgate House, Kinsale, County Cork.