Christmas is a magical time in Ireland and there family festivals and events planned throughout the island of Ireland in celebration of the festive period. Ireland’s Christmas events and festivals range from the traditional to the modern and encompass all cultural life from theatre and music to street life and sport and there are a host of events throughout the country over Christmas time.
Christmas in Dublin
Ireland’s capital city of Dublin boasts a huge range of Christmas events, from markets to music, giving Christmas shopping in Dublin a touch of the festive spirit.Festive musical productions and other Christmas entertainment in Dublin includes:
- Wicket – The HIt Musical at the Bord Gáis Energy Theatre (27th November 2013 – 18th January 2014)
- The Sleeping Beauty – The Pantomine at The Helix (29th November 2013 – 12th January 2014)
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs at the Gaiety Theatre (1st December 2013 – 12th January 2014)
- Christmas Wonderland at the RDS (6th December 2013 – 12th January 2014)
- Christmas Craft Fair at the Trinity Bar and Venue (7th December 2013 – 22nd December 2013)
- Handel’s Messiah at the Bord Gáis Energy Theatre (9th December 2013)
- Airtricity Dockland’s Christmas Festival at The IFSC (12th December 2013 – 23rd December 2013)
- Three NYE Dublin Festival throughout Dublin (29th December 2013 – 1st January 2014)
Christmas Markets and Fairs
The Christmas festivities are not just limited to Dublin, there will be plenty of markets and fairs taking place throughout Ireland in the lead up to Christmas with some of the more popular including:
- Galway Christmas Market (22nd November – 22nd December)
- Winterval in Waterford (29th November – 30th December)
- Christmas at the Milk Market in Limerick (28th November – 31st December)
- Glow – A Cork Christmas Celebration (29th November – 23rd December)
- Ballincollig Christmas Market (22nd December)
- A Taste of Carlow at Christmas (30th November – 1st December)
Other notable Christmas events are taking place throughout Ireland including the Believe at Fota Island Resort in East Cork which promises to provide the whole family with an enthralling winter wonderland amid the woodlands that surround the 5 star luxury hotel and golf club between the 30th November and 24th December. Santa will also be visiting Bunratty Castle & Folk Park on the 23rd December. So there is plenty planned for those planning group vacations to Ireland this Christmas.
For further information on visiting Ireland on vacation this Christmas please contact one of Discovering Ireland Guides who can provide you with a free quote.